Saturday, May 23, 2009

Back in Florida - last blog until July!

I arrived back in Florida on Monday 18th, and am staying in Boca Raton for a couple of weeks. Phillip set sail today (Saturday 23rd May) from Curacao to Fort Lauderdale and is buddy boating with Forewinds (Pat and Frank and their dog Chi Chi). Apparently winds are up to 25 knots at the moment so they are having a great sail, and let's hope it lasts so they get here quickly. I leave for the UK on the 3rd June and will only return to the US on 1st July, when I fly to Baltimore to meet up with Phillip, Emily and Delphinus.

It's so strange being back in civilization. The initial buzz I got from seeing a fully stocked supermarket (fresh milk! lemons! red peppers! tomatoes!) faded quickly and within a day I was desperately missing boat life. I never thought I'd say that. The most I thought I'd be able to say was that I really enjoyed it - I never ever thought I'd be pining for our boat and for that way of life, but I am. I can't sleep, either the room starts moving violently when I'm asleep and I wake up in a panic, or I just can't drift off. I miss Phillip more than I thought I would, which I suppose is only natural, seeing as how we've been together in more or less one room for the past 4 months, spending 24/7 with eachother and having the best time. It just makes me realise more than ever what a fantastic time I had, what an incredible opportunity it was, how many idyllic spots we saw and how many great people we met - what a gift it was, I am so grateful and thankful that Phillip has introduced me to this - I definitely see it in my future in a big way.

Anyway, we'll soon be up in the Chesapeake and for now I'm just making the most of my time with my brother and his wife and their two wonderful children.

No more blogging until the Chesapeake!